Activities and Outcomes
- Analysis and sharing of governance models of apprenticeship in partner countries
- Analysis and sharing of training processes implemented in apprenticeship, with particular focus on: main needs at company level; tools to guarantee and measure the quality of training; management and delivery methods of work based learning; methods of involvement of local stakeholders; methods for the promotion of the apprenticeship “tool”; means for development of apprenticeship pathways for disadvantaged targets
- Identification of the success cases in partner territories, in terms of quality and innovation
– Survey the overall context of the apprenticeship systems in each partner country, detailing the analysis with respect to specific distinctive elements
– Increase the number of intermediary bodies in partner territories able to become a “point of reference” for SMEs for the promotion of apprenticeship and the facilitation of its use
– Desk analysis (publications, surveys, etc.)
– Interviews to privileged stakeholders/key actors (SMEs and intermediary bodies) and submission of a questionnaire for companies
Output: Comprehensive framework analysis
The document collects outcomes of desk surveys, vis-à-vis interviews and questionnaires.
It also includes a comparative data analysis, meant to provide input for subsequent activities. In other words, the document draft a road map (operational guidelines) for the use of intermediary bodies in partner territories, highlighting actions and strategies to enhance and promote the use of apprenticeship in the short/medium period.
Awareness raising and capacity building
- Design of guidelines to improve apprenticeship organization and delivery in partner territories
- Design of possible training pathways for operators in intermediary organizations
– Capacity building of individual Intermediary Organizations’ (partners’) staff
– Capacity building and sustainability of the network of IOs
Based on outcomes of the comprehensive framework analysis, partners develop different kind of material useful to improve skills of their staff regarding the information and support activity to SMEs.
Training toolboxes (webinars, documents, case studies, etc.) and Territorial pacts among local intermediaries, committed to promote and develop apprenticeship.
EMILIA ROMAGNA: one territorial pact between Region’s Employment Agency, Regional School Office, UCR and IFOA with the aim of giving visibility to companies that engage in quality internal training and realizing initiatives for the promotion of the Apprenticeship system.
FRIULI VENEZIA GIULIA: one territorial pact between Confcooperative Udine and Confartigianato-Imprese Udine with the aim of building a local network able to promote the Apprenticeship system, and one territorial pact between Confcooperative and Comune di Udine with the aim of informing SMEs regarding dual VET and Apprenticeship opportunities.
FRANCE: one territorial pact between AFPA Beziers and CNFPT with the purpose of developing a Vocational Training Offer by Apprenticeship to train people to be able to work into a waste disposal site or in Urban Cleaning; one territorial pact between AFPA Occitanie and Montpellier Business School with the purpose of developing a Vocational Training Offer by Apprenticeship for Home Assistance, and one territorial pact between AFPA Nouvelle Aquitaine and “GEIQ SAD Pays de l’Adour” with the aim of developing a Vocational Training Offer by Apprenticeship for Accommodation Organizer.
GERMANY: one territorial Pact between Mobilitätsagentur Arbeit und Leben Hamburg, Grone Netzwerk Hamburg and BSW Hamburg with the aim of increasing the number of apprenticeship training places for weak pupils in Hamburg, and one territorial pact between Grone Netzwerk Hamburg, the Youth Employment Agency and Arbeit und Leben Hamburg to promote dual VET for SME’s.
AUSTRIA: two territorial pacts between Government Upper Austria – Department for Economics, BFI Upper Austria and XXXLutz with the aim of optimizing the qualifications of tutors, improving their leadership skills and embettering their soft skills.
Support in action
- Design of a marketing plan aimed at promoting the involvement of local intermediary bodies which can influence the use of apprenticeship; enhancing the standing out of best performing companies, characterized by a qualitative use of the apprenticeship instrument; boosting methods and gamification tools to encourage companies towards the use of apprenticeship
- Implementation of the marketing plan and related tools, especially including a web platform for providing information to SMEs on how-to engage into apprenticeship and favouring matching between demand and supply of apprenticeship positions
Design and implement a promotional campaign to facilitate the use of the apprenticeship in the SMEs.